Town Creek MB Church
of West Point Mississippi
 
"Bring Them In, Build Them Up, Send Them Out"

Worship With Us This Week! 

SUNDAY                           

9:00am Prayer Service
9:45am Sunday School                
11:00am Morning Worship Service

WEDNESDAY
6:30pm Prayer Service                      7:00pm Bible Study

 

_________________________

 

Town Creek Church
4929 Barton Ferry Road
West Point MS 39773
662-494-3575
 
PASTOR'S BLOG

 

Website Created By Divine Designz, LLC www.divinewebz.com

 

 

"As our church family grows,

Let us not to allow our situations and circumstances take our eyes off the prize… Rather focusing on the destination of: Unity, Diversity, and Holiness, Then we will be doing what

our motto says, "Bring Them In, Build Them Up, and Send Them Out”

Dr. Charles Davidson, Pastor


 

 

 

 

 

 

Our Church


MISSION & VISION STATEMENT

   "Learning God's Way, Living it Everyday, Loving Along the Way"

 

CHURCH HISTORY

During a time of great struggles for our country, and with limited resources Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church was organized on August 5, 1867.  The Reverend F. R. Dickerson headed up a Building Fund Committee, which consisted of Brother Paul Cliffert and Brother Alexander Clark. Together they were successful in establishing our original place of worship.  Under the leadership of Reverend A. L. Evans, the cornerstone was laid on October 3, 1937, through the blessing of the Lord, the hard working deacons and members, and let us not forget their faith in God, their perseverance, and their ability to continue to have a place of worship.

Tragedy and trials followed when the original church building burned, yet our members took courage and the building was rebuilt on the present site.  Not only did this building serve as a church, it also operated as a school until around the year of 1951.  The second building was demolished in 1992 to make way for the building in which we now worship.  Between 1867 and 2005, Hopewell has had eleven pastors.  Currently, we also have two associate ministers.

In 2006, Dr. Charles Davidson was installed as pastor of Hopewell.  Pastor Davidson has served the congregation diligently during these past years.  During his tenure and through Divine intervention, the motto of our church was established which states, “Learning God’s Way, Living It Everyday, and Loving Along the Way."  Even though we already had several ministries in place, as our church membership and spirituality grew, Pastor Davidson  saw  the  need  to  add  even more  ministries.   They  were:   The  Prayer  Ministry,  Sisterhood  Ministry, Brotherhood Ministry, Educational Ministry, Counseling Ministry and the Evangelism Ministry. 

As we are praising, praying, working, and hearing God’s Word, we are taught not to just give, but to be “hilarious givers.” God, has indeed provided us with a spiritual leader and the resources to carry out our Christian responsibilities and we thank HIM. Although the economic times are still at an all time low, the Lord has allowed us to complete numerous projects, with the most recent being the completion of the parking lot and the renovation of our Sanctuary.  

Throughout its history, Hopewell's doors have always been open to aid anyone in need, physically or spiritually, regardless if they were a member or non-member.  From generations to generations, Hopewell has been closely tied with multiple churches in the Golden Triangle area. During the past few years, we have hosted an Annual Summer Conference in which several hundred people throughout the community are being blessed.

No one can deny that God has brought us a long way and that we have “Come This Far By Faith.” 

                   

          Our Pastor                                          Our Church                                                  Our Staff

This church, this body, and this land are rich with history and tradition.  By the grace of God, Hopewell has weathered the storms and the rains.  We’ve ridden the peaks, and with God’s help we’ve walked through the valleys.  We are experiencing a very exciting time in our history.  God has truly blessed us.  He’s given us the tools to grow His Kingdom, and we must use our gifts, our talents, our building and our ministries to see great things accomplished in the future…God’s Church Will Endure!

Our Church

 

MISSION & VISION STATEMENT

   "Bring Them In, Build Them Up, Send Them Out"

 

CHURCH HISTORY

According to the facts gathered, Town Creek Church was organized by slave owners in 1860 on the Prairie Duncan place just west of its current location. Under the leadership of the these slave owners, the name at that time was Rule Hill Baptist Church; during this time only white people worshipped there.

Under the leadership of Rev. Patterson, who served from 1866 until death, the black slaves were allowed to worship but in a separate service.

Under Rev. Hampton's leadership (1900) a new church was built, and six deacons were chosen.

Some of the early leaders from the 1900's were Rev. R.D. Neely, Rev. H.M. McMullins, Rev. R.F. Franklin, Rev. E.I. Love, Rev. McAdams, Rev. Mack Morse, Rev. M.R. Randle, Rev. A.J. Johnson, Rev. J.T. Bailey, Rev. J.H. Parson, Rev. Lippey, Rev. P.A. Gettis, Rev. J.L. Nichols, Rev. Joe S. Mitchell, Rev. L.O. Caldwell, and Rev. Gladney.

Under the leadership of Rev. Jeff Davis (1959-June 1987) that another new church was built in 1973; which was located in the place of Town Creek Church's current fellowship hall. Service began in that building in November 1974 and later a fellowship hall was added. Dedication service was held n July 22, 1984 and in 1985, a baptizing pool was built.

Rev. Hardy served the church from 1987 until October 1988.

It was under the leadership of Rev. Runney Patterson, Town Creek Church began full time service and Rev. Michael Fant was added to the church family as an Associate Minister. Rev. Patterson served Town Creek from January 1989 until May 1991.

In June 1988, Dr. Charles Davidson became Pastor and currently serves to this date. In 1998, under his leadership, a new sanctuary that seats 450 people with an inside baptizing pool was built and by October of 2006, it was paid in full.

Four additional ministries have been formed (Inreach, Outreach, Youth & Education), the church parking lot has been paved, additional classrooms have been added, four vans have been purchased, and 23 Associate Ministers have come under Dr. Davidson's leadership.

From 1860 to this present day, Town Creek Church continues to Bring Them In, Build Them, Up and Send Them Out.

                   

          Our Pastor                                       Our Church                                             Our Educational Staff

This church, this body, and this land are rich with history and tradition.  By the grace of God, Town Creek has weathered the storms and the rains, Ridden the peaks, and with God’s help , walked through the valleys.  Town Creek is experiencing a very exciting time in our history.  God has truly blessed us.  He’s given us the tools to grow His Kingdom, and we must use our gifts, our talents, our building and our ministries to see great things accomplished in the future…God’s Church Will Endure!